What does it take to obtain your Iowa Real Estate Exam?
- Register to take the required course (Iowa Real Estate Professional Track) offered through the QC School of Real Estate. Click on add to cart and follow instructions.
- Complete the fingerprint card for the state required background check. Do this as soon as possible, processing can take 4-7 weeks. To receive a background check and fingerprint package you must request it from the Iowa Real Estate Commission. (email@example.com). Once you receive the packet, follow the instructions carefully.
- Pass the Online 60-hour course exam and receive a certificate for completion. The certificate of completion is required to be presented when taking the state exam.
- Attend the three 12 hour classes (see schedule here) required to receive your license.
- Take and pass the Iowa license exam. The exam costs $100 to take and is comprised of a National and a State portion. To schedule the test visit www.psiexams.com to register. You will need to bring the 60 class competition certificate and two forms of ID. You are not allowed to bring any books, notes, or any other personal items into the exam room.
- After passing the exam you will need to:
a. Complete and notarized Iowa Real Estate Commission license exam.
b. Complete background check.
c. License fee of $125.00.
d. Pass notice from PSI Exams
e. Proof of completion of the 60 hours pre-license course.
f. Proof of completion of the 3 – 12-hour pre-license courses (Ethics, Buyer and Seller Representation).
These applications are all done online at www.plb.iowa.gov. (Check with your sponsor or managing broker for help in getting this material uploaded)